keepcalmreadromance

Keep Calm & Read Romance

5 Star Review: Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan

Undeniable  - Madeline Sheehan

If you are a fan of the television show, Sons of Anarchy, then Madeline Sheehan's raw, intense, and gripping love story in Undeniable would be something you'll totally love and understand. Like Sons of Anarchy, Undeniable is an adrenalized, fervid, gut wrenching story set in the dirty, ugly, and violent world of motorcycle gangs.

Due to the graphic language, sexual situations, rape references and violence this book will not be for everyone. It's not your typical hearts and flowers romance. There are parts where things get downright ugly and totally f*cked up. The heroine isn't perfect and the hero is definitely NOT your Knight in shining armor type of hero. Actually, he's far from it.

Nothing about Undeniable is pretty. The story is dirty, gritty, raw, and for the most part realistic. The characters are undeniably flawed. Everything that happens is fucked up. The world Eva and Deuce live in is rough and things aren't easy or simple. They go through A LOT of obsticles and people to find their peace and happiness. Other reviewers had mentioned that Undeniable was like a Kristen Ashley novel on steroids. I'd like to think that Undeniable was the love child of Sons of Anarchy and a Kristen Ashley book that went on a 72 hour crack rock bender. Seriously, a lot shit goes down from the time Deuca and Eva meet till the very end when the couple finally gets their own slice of the HEA pie.

“I am Preacher’s little girl. And I’m gonna be just like him when I grow up. I’m gonna have a Fatboy but I want mine to be sparkly and I want a pink helmet with skulls on it. And instead of being the club President, I’m gonna be the club Queen cuz I’m gonna marry the biggest, scariest biker in the whole world and he’s gonna let me do whatever I want because he’s gonna love me like crazy.”

Eva was actually a very likeable heroine. From the time you meet her when she's five years old till she's an adult I really liked her for her braveness, tenacity and spunk. She's definitely not the wilting flower type heroine especially afte being raised around her father's club. She doesn't take any crap from anyone and she can definitely hold her own. She does make some bad decisions in the book that had me screaming at her.She handles her situations as best she can and she loves the people around her immensely.

Deuce is definitely a far cry from your typical or conventional  hero. Deuce lives his life by his own set of rules with no apologies. As President of Hells Horseman, he's dedicated to his boys and his club. Like Eva, he's grown up in the motercycle club/gang culture his whole life. There are a lot of aspects about Deuce that aren't very attractive. In all honesty, Deuce is one giant deuchebag asshole. He does a lot of things in Undeniable that's downright disrespectful, despicable and hateful. But even with everything he says and does it's hard not to love the guy. He has a very different way of loving a woman but when you see how passionate he loves and cares for Eva it's hard to not swoon over the guy. He endures some VERY painful things for her and it's those moments that make you like him.

"You respect women you little fuckin' shit. It was a fuckin' woman who carried you around in her fuckin' body, fuckin' birthed you and fuckin' loved you, and it's gonna be a woman who keeps you warm at night, who lets you inside her body and it's gonna be a woman who carries around your fuckin' children. You fuckin' respect that, you feel me? You fuckin' respect women, all of ‘em, or I will end you."

Eva and Deuce's relationship is one big roller coaster ride from the very beginning. There is a lot of heartache, pain and turmoil throughout the 20+ years it takes for them to be together. Their age difference is a major factor to their relationship but honestly you get over that fact as the years go by and Eva gets older. I can tell you that they do not have a secual relationship until Eva is well over 18 years old.

Undeniable is the kind of story that will gut you, bleed you dry but then have you begging for more. It's an amalgam of total fucked-upness. Undeniable will suck you into it's crazy vortex and then spit you out leaving you wondering what the hell just happened. Like I said earlier this romance story is not something that everyone will like. It's not pretty and for the most part it's all wrong but the passion and intensity you feel reading about Eva and Deuce's romance is what keeps you tuned in. It's been a couple days since I finished reading this book and I'm still thinking about it. It's the kind of story that sticks with you and definitely something that I will have to reread in the future.

If you're a fan of love stories that aren't perfect, characters who are flawed, and a story that will have you holding on tight, then Madeline Sheehan's Undeniable will be one book you'll want to pick up. Madeline had me hating every descision Deuce and Eva made throughout their relationship but in the end loving them as passionately as they loved each other.